Phil Tomson wrote:

> 1) How did you find out about Ruby?

Dave Thomas's plugs in the eXtreme Programming forums.

> 2) Prior to finding Ruby, what programming language(s) did you primarily
> use?

Python (not my idea), C++ (not wildly needed, but profitable), and Visual
Basic (a long time ago - I have since put a note on my resume announcing I
won't do it again).

> 3) (this question is for folks coming from PythonLand or PerlLand)
> What Python or Perl modules do you miss most and wish that Ruby had?

VTK

> 4) (follow-up to #3) Would the lack of these modules preclude you from
> using Ruby?

No.

> 5) Do you think you'll be using Ruby at work in the next:
>   3 months?   6 months?  (or do you already use it at work?)

No. A Pythonographer got there before me.

> 6) (follow-up to #4) If you don't forsee being able to use Ruby at work
> within the next 6 months, what is the main reason keeping you from using
> it there?

We need no splinter projects there.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp / yahoo.com
           http://flea.sourceforge.net