Hello,

I failed to have drb running correctly with native ruby
on my Win2K machine.
The problem seems to be related to the interaction
of threads and the 'gets' function.

I have the following environment:

% ruby -v
ruby 1.6.5 (2001-09-19) [i586-mswin32]

I used drb-1.3.3 from the RAA.

Some examples are working, like 'sample\dlog*',
but others are not ('sample\dchat*', 'sample\darray*').

On the server side, the accept is blocking. It can be traced
down to the 'rb_thread_wait_fd()' in 's_accept()', line 1071 of
"ext/socket/socket.c".

The server examples that don't work all ends up doing  a 'gets' after
having created the service.
'sample\dlogd.rb' does instead a 'DRb.thread.join', and then everything
works fine.

It's not a big deal ("real" drb servers don't need to end
with 'gets'!), but I guess it's a bug anyway, and it can
show up elsewhere...

-- Christian