On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 06:23:36AM +0900, Phil Tomson wrote:
> 1) How did you find out about Ruby?

I was looking for an OO language and speed of development and
consistence were on top of my requirements list.

I heard about Ruby from people joking about it in a Python newsgroup
(which I had joined in a last attempt to get a perspective from which
Python would look good, after a week or two of hopeful trying and
using).

I downloaded Ruby, read a couple of chapters from Programming Ruby,
tried some examples, and was sold (after an afternoon of admittedly
skeptical trying and using).

> 2) Prior to finding Ruby, what programming language(s) did you primarily
> use?

AREXX, Amos BASIC and some E in the good ol' Amiga days, Delphi as the
way to retain some sanity when using Windows.

> 5) Do you think you'll be using Ruby at work in the next:
>   3 months?   6 months?  (or do you already use it at work?)

Between three and six months, the time to convert my production
software from Delphi to Ruby (plus GTK and possibly extended in C).

Massimiliano