Alex Gutteridge wrote:
> Any eta for the LaTeX format specification? This looks really cool and
> I want to try writing a paper using it!

My current priority is to iron out the bugs & nuances in the HTML
format.  I'll start on the LaTeX format next week, but really It's not
that difficult.  I'd be surprised if it took more than 1-2 afternoons to
implement.  Refinement, on the other hand, can take longer.

What I mean is, the mapping of most LaTeX environments to Gerbil nodes
should be very straightforward.  But deciding what kind of markup to use
for mapping bold, underline, emphasis, tables, image-embedding, etc. is
a more controversial matter.  I'll probably stick to a Textile-like
markup, or maybe just give up and throw the problem at the user and have
them insert these things manually.

On the other hand, Gerbil is an open-source project, so feel free to
start working on the LaTeX format spec file.  We can talk more about
this on the project mailing list [1], if you would like.

Cheers!