On Tuesday 11 December 2001 21:23,  Phil Tomson wrote:
> It's been several months since we've had one of these surveys for those
> who have just arrived in RubyLand....
>
> So, if you're relatively new to Ruby (let's say it's been less than three
> months since you tried out Ruby) or if you find that you want to answer,
> here are a few questions for you:
>
> 1) How did you find out about Ruby?

Can't remember. I think I first saw it on one of the OSDN sites.

> 2) Prior to finding Ruby, what programming language(s) did you primarily
> use?

C, C++, Perl

> 3) (this question is for folks coming from PythonLand or PerlLand)
> What Python or Perl modules do you miss most and wish that Ruby had?

Ruby may already have some of these, but these are the ones I used to use
most frequently.

MIME::Tools
Net::SMTP
Net::FTP
HTML::AsSubs
HTML::Parser
HTML::Element

> 4) (follow-up to #3) Would the lack of these modules preclude you from
> using Ruby?

For some things perhaps, but in general no.

> 5) Do you think you'll be using Ruby at work in the next:
>   3 months?   6 months?  (or do you already use it at work?)

Already doing so.

> 6) (follow-up to #4) If you don't forsee being able to use Ruby at work
> within the next 6 months, what is the main reason keeping you from using
> it there?

n/a

Tony