On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Dave Thomas wrote:

> Robert Feldt <feldt / ce.chalmers.se> writes:
>
> > Since Dave's cool rubydoc is coming along I wonder if we should try to
> > autocreate UML diagrams from our Ruby sources and hook them in there? I'm
> > not sure its worth it but I guess it might be cool and it can never hurt
> > to be buzzword (if it still is) compliant ;-).
>
> If it helps, rubydoc (actually I don't know what to call it because
> RubyDoc is taken :) has pluggable output formatterswhich are passed a
> kind of AST tree for classes, modules, methods, and so on, so you
> should be able to plug that kind of UML generation directly in. Sounds
> like a job for dot... ?

Yes, but I've heard it gets harder to use dot when you want to specify in
more detail how the nodes should look etc. API2XML uses my GraphR to
interface to dot, though.

BTW, I guess you couldn't wait on a RubyInRuby parser any longer? I'll be
releasing this week. What kind of solution do you use now?

Regards,

Robert