> Has anyone (as obsessive as I am) found a simple, aesthetically pleasing
> pattern to follow?

I can understand you somewhat. I am one of the few here (obviously) who
does not find the "end"'s that visually appealing, at least compared to
omit them ;)

Although, I must actually say,
  end inner;
  end outer;

looks about 100x worse than

  end

:)

> It always looks so unbalanced:

I think the comparison is not fair... you put all your classes inside
your module namespace, but ... what are your classes actually doing?!
Your first code example seems to do something, but your ruby code
seems to hardly have any content.

My classes normally have a LOT more methods, with several lines each
inside... ;)  In this regard they do no longer feel disturbing at
all (plus they get the job done quickly and nicely too)
Don't know ... looks really strange.

Typically one writes a few classes in ruby that are adapted to your
task at hand. The best rule of thumb is to make them short, concise
and readable... if they become too big, it is probably time to think
of refactoring/rewriting the annoying parts.

Aside from this I only use 2 spaces indent. However in
certain occasions I do love to use {} as in

def run_all_tasks
  loop {

  }
end

I like that a lot, especially inside a method :D
(Being very concise is IMO not that easy... I often see
code of other people who really have few methods which
do all the code with one-liners like constructs. But i
think that is actually an asset, not a liability)

Just write a bit more ruby code?