"Todd Benson" <caduceass / gmail.com> wrote in message
news:eaeff8c10712090954k3304961tb8fc1be4a7531ab8 / mail.gmail.com...
> On Dec 9, 2007 11:39 AM, Dumaiu <Dymaio / gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 9, 12:19 pm, Todd Benson <caduce... / gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snippy>

>> > This is a danger that will plague any language, IMO.
>>
>>     To be fair, it has to be said that it is less of a problem in
>> languages that require variables to be declared or typed.
>
> Hmm.  Maybe, but I kind of doubt it.  var temp is no more or less
> succinct than anything else.  It doesn't guarantee you "safeness".
> Safeness is what databases are for.  Pre-declaration is sort of an
> empty promise in flow-control.

    You're really not thinking this through.
    How on God's green Earth are you going to accidentally prepend an
extraneous "var " (or whatever keyword is decided upon) to a variable's
assignment.  Because this is highly unlikely, the described problem will
only happen if you accidentally want to declare a new variable.  This is
rather distinct from wanting to use a variable and so the bug should occur
far less frequently...