On 2007-12-10 12:11 +0900 (Mon), Dido Sevilla wrote:

> What is an implementation of static typing that you would consider
> done right then? A language that makes use of something like the
> Hindley-Milner type inference algorithm so that types don't usually
> need to be explicitly declared? Ocaml or Haskell?

Yes. I'm quite fond of Haskell.

Type classes in particular are wonderful; they get rid of that problem
in Ruby where you're always wondering which particular equality and
comparison methods you should be implementing, and which ones your
superclass can safely provide for you.

It's very comforting to write a piece of code and know that, due to the
compiler's type checking, it's impossible for someone (usually me, down
the road) to misuse it.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson       <cjs / starling-software.com>        +81 90 7737 2974