2007/12/10, Marc Heiler <shevegen / linuxmail.org>:
> > "The most annoying bug I ever have is tracking an errant "end"."
>
> I too often complain about missing end's.
> But I was one of those coders that, in PHP, often forgot a ';'
>
> I cant tell you how happy I am with ruby. No more need for ';'
>
> About the missing end's, over time I kinda developed a habit of
> knowing where I made an error and can fix it up quickly.
> It is not really that problematic for me. HOWEVER, I would actually
> not mind some magical per-file way to omit end's based on
> indent. :>

There are actually at least two measures that help preventing this: 1.
use an editor with proper syntax indentation and highlighting. 2.
Exercise the habit to enter matching pairs always together before you
enter the content (some editors will actually help with this as well
because they can enter the matching closing element when you enter the
opening element).

Kind regards

robert