On Dec 8, 2007 10:29 AM, Curt Sampson <cjs / cynic.net> wrote:
> On 2007-12-07 01:52 +0900 (Fri), Jano Svitok wrote:
>
> > > [Java blah blah blah]
> >
> > Right. Perhaps he'll learn about duck typing someday ;-)
>
> Static typing is infinitely superior to dynamic typing when done
> properly. Just remember, Java's failure here is that it does it so
> badly.

What is an implementation of static typing that you would consider
done right then? A language that makes use of something like the
Hindley-Milner type inference algorithm so that types don't usually
need to be explicitly declared? Ocaml or Haskell?

Frankly, I'm of the belief that both static and dynamic typing have
their place in the grand scheme of things.

> As far as folks using Java goes: I write software for a living. The more
> of my competition use Java, the better for me.

A sentiment that I think no one here would disagree with.

--
祟竇終膈鐚普通でも普通じゃなくて感じるまま感じることだけをするよ!
http://stormwyrm.blogspot.com