Hi Everyone,

I have searched google for answers and have gone down a few paths of
investigation.... But being a newbie I am rapidly getting confused and
this should essentially be a very simple task.

What I need is some advice on the best way to go about this problem.

We are needing to generate XML documents for a migration into a new
system from an existing database.

I looked into the ruby builder library, but couldn't see too many
examples outside of rails to build the XML up from a template. I know I
can put together a rails app to use an rxml template etc, but going down
that path seems to much effort for this....

I have a template of the xml I need to upload, what I need is to
populate that template for each db record. What is the simplest, best
ruby way to export from the db into xml?

Thanks for your help!