hello,

I have to import lots of csv files, and sometimes, there's one with the
.csv that is not quite good formatted, and Ruby send a:

 CSV::IllegalFormatError in DadeController#import_file_data_ajax
CSV::IllegalFormatError

I'm trying to handle the error with

 begin
       # Exceptions raised by this code will
       # be caught by the following rescue clause

... some code ...

   rescue Exception
      $stderr.print "IO failed: " + $!

       ... some code ...

      raise

but the error/exception never raises ...

I tried with SystemCAllError, StandardError, Exception, ...

The error happens in:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/csv.rb:639:in
`get_row'

because the file hasn't the expected formatted, it's not a csv file, but
the file has an extension of csv, that's why I want to catch those
exceptions ...

thanks,

regards

raimon