On Dec 6, 2007, at 10:14 PM, MonkeeSage wrote:

> Might I also suggest that you filter on the file's basename? One might
> except...
>
> search -F "^\." -a . "blah"
>
> ...to match all dot-files in ./ which contain "blah", but you actually
> need something like this since you're running the filter against the
> absolute path...
>
> search -F ".*/*\." -a . "blah"

that's kind of interesting - why not simply

search . blah -F /.

though?

this should work unless you happen to have dot-directories too. if so
you can use

search . blah -F '.[^/]+$'

which would filter only dot-files though.  i like the filter being
able to filter certain directories too.  i could add an option to
alter it's behavior to only match basenames, or add a new option.

thoughts?

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
it is not enough to be compassionate.  you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama