"Ludo" <coquelle / enib.fr> wrote:

> In the installing process of ruby 1.6.5,
> tcltklib isn't compiled, and I have no error message.
>
> Someone has an advise please ?

First, the standard meta-comment: While we may be friendly, this isn't the
*psychic* friends network. How are people supposed to know what OS you are
on, what version of Tcl/Tk you had installed and where, what your LIBPATH
setting was, and all the other potentially relevant information needed to
make an educated guess about your problem?

Second, nearly 2 years ago when I was working my way through OS-specific
configuration problems on just this issue (among others), one thing that
made it a slow tedious process was the lack of feedback from
configure-related ruby scripts about what it was doing or not doing and why
(i.e. what it was looking for and not finding for whatever particular
purpose). IIRC, sometimes, the same sorts of things were checked for in 2 or
3 different places by 2 or 3 distinct pieces of code. FWIW, it would be nice
if there was a generic revamping of this stuff with diagnostic feedback in
mind.

IMHO, for anyone looking for a generally useful Ruby project of moderate
scale to tackle, this might be a good candidate.

Conrad