On Dec 9, 11:40 am, Jari Williamsson
<jari.williams... / mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:
> Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality wrote:
>
> > 1)  Passing the wrong object as a parameter to a method.
>
> Do you mean object or type here? Checking the type is easy if you need to.

      The problem as I see it is that it's too easy; it comes off as
lazy.  The argument for duck typing, valid, is that you should never
really need to.  Object#respond_to?() is considered better but not
perfect.

> > 2)  Accidentally creating a new variable.
>
> Since I started using NetBeans, I would say this is a non-issue now.
> That editor is pretty intelligent when it comes to spotting typos in
> Ruby code.

     That's an interesting point, the IDE argument.  Although I'm
partial to Vim, I guess trying new things is usually a good idea.

> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson

     You, too.

           -Jonathan