On Dec 9, 2007 10:40 AM, Jari Williamsson
<jari.williamsson / mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:
> Just Another Victim of the Ambient Morality wrote:
>
> > 1)  Passing the wrong object as a parameter to a method.
>
> Do you mean object or type here? Checking the type is easy if you need to.

irb(main):001:0> "hello".type
(irb:1): warning: Object#type is deprecated: use Object#class
=> String

You can tell the "type" how exactly?  This is a simple example of
semantics, but what's really important for newbies to understand is
that there is no such thing as "type".

> > 2)  Accidentally creating a new variable.

This is a danger that will plague any language, IMO.

> Since I started using NetBeans, I would say this is a non-issue now.
> That editor is pretty intelligent when it comes to spotting typos in
> Ruby code.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jari Williamsson

Todd