On Dec 8, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Gabriel N. wrote:

> Alright, thanks for helping me narrow it down. I managed to make it
> work
> by retyping the program myself rather than copy-pasting. I guess it
> was
> some "junk" character coming off the website that was confusing the
> interpreter. It's working fine now, and I can get on with learning
> Ruby.
> A huge thank you to everyone who replied. :)

You shouldn't have had to retype by hand. Your code editor should be
able to that for you. It should have a command like "Convert to
ASCII" or "Zap Gremlins" or something similar. All the code editors
that support Ruby that I am familiar with have such a command.
TextWrangler, which is freeware, has both. Which editor are you using?

Regards, Morton