On Dec 7, 2007 10:15 AM, RichardOnRails
<RichardDummyMailbox58407 / uscomputergurus.com> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 3:00 am, Michael Fellinger <m.fellin... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 4, 2007 2:05 PM, RichardOnRails
> >
> > <RichardDummyMailbox58... / uscomputergurus.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> >
> > > Search on WindowsXP/SP2 didn't seem to locate a file is looking for.
> > > As someone relatively new to Ruby,  I wonder whether there are any
> > > Rubyisms I could have used to cut down the the 80+ lines I took to
> > > accomplish this task,  given the USAGE requirement I posed in the
> > > code.
> >
> > Quick implementation of what i could read from your code...http://rafb.net/p/GyzZxJ94.html
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Great code!  You interpreted my intent perfectly.  And your code
> worked perfectly (though, in case someone else uses it, I think I had
> to tweak something before I got it to work, though I can't remember
> what it was and I might be confusing this with someone else's
> offering. )
>
> The option-handling is package is great,  though it's going to take me
> a few days to understand its nuances ... maybe quite a few days :-)
>
> Thanks for showing me some of the elegant heights of Ruby.
>
> After I'm satisfied with my understanding of the package,  I'm going
> to try adding -cra --created_after, -cha --changed_after, etc.  It
> seems to me that we should be able specify more than RE comparisons
> with an option-handler package.

Thank you as well, it was a fun little quiz :)
I usually use the GNU tools grep and awk to get the same results, but
i'm not sure if they are available for windows.
Anyway, hope i helped you in your understanding of ruby itself, some
idioms, code-style and overall flow...
Ruby code usually is well done when you cannot suppress the urge to
frame and hang it up on in your room :)

^ manveru