SYNOPSIS
   search Directory re re* [options]+

URIS
   http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/
   http://rubyforge.org/projects/codeforpeople/

INSTALL
   gem install search

DESCRIPTION
   search is a combination of find and grep.  it recursively traverses a
   directory and searches all files for one or more regular expressions,
   printing each file containing matches on stdout.  by default it
ignores
   repo directories like .cvs|.svn|.rcs

PARAMETERS
   Directory (1 -> Directory)
   re (-2 -> re)
   --Filter=Filter, -F (0 ~> list_of_string(Filter=.*))
       limit searchs to files matching these regular expressions. may be
       given more than once
   --All=All, -A (0 ~> All)
       *all* Filters must match to be considered a success. default
is that
       *any* Filter pattern matching is considered a success
   --Ignore=Ignore, -I (0 ~> list_of_string(Ignore=.svn,.cvs,.rcs))
       ignore any file matching this list of patterns default
(.svn|.cvs|.rcs)
   --Sensitive, -S
       conisder all Filters case sensitive. default is case insensitive
   --file=file, -f (0 ~> file)
       load a file full of patterns, one per line
   --sensitive, -s
       conisder all patterns case sensitive. default case insensitive
   --any, -a
       *any* pattern match is considered success. default is that *all*
       patterns must match
   --verbose, -v
       print every match with lineno information
   --help, -h

enjoy.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
better. simply reflect on that.