Joe L wrote:
> Is it possible to use wxRuby or FXRuby with JRuby?  I'm just asking because I was hoping to use one of them.

There's no JRuby-compatible version of the gem, but there is a wxWidgets
binding for Java:

http://www.wx4j.org/

It would probably be trivial to produce a JRuby-compatible wxRuby gem
using that library. But it does have native dependencies then, so I'd
still recommend Swing.

I didn't find a Fox binding for Java, but there's probably one out there
somewhere.

> I've used Swing in the past, it looks like it might be less verbose when writing in in Ruby.

It's a *lot* nicer than writing it in Java, and there's four or five
different Swing-based frameworks available for JRuby now.

- Charlie