I am trying to process an XML file that includes various codes.  The
problem I am running into is that some of these codes are inserted into
the middle of an encrypted string.  If I display the file using a
browser these codes do not show up and copying and pasting the string
work fine.  The problem occurs when I try to strip out the string in a
program and these "extraneous" XML codes are included.  This of course
makes the decryption routine crash.
What I am looking for is a simple way to read through the file and
remove all the XML codes leaving just plain text.  I could probably
write a series of regular expressions to remove each code that I can
find in my text but am afraid I might miss some and it will come back to
haunt me at a later time.