I am not able to make the pure Ruby Mysql driver work. I am getting
the following error and couldn't figure out why this error is showing
up. MySQL manual mentions something about old client and password but
I am using MySQL 5.1 and I have no other version installed previously.
Of course I never had any issues with the Native Ruby MySQL driver.
Any ideas?

Error message: Client does not support authentication protocol
requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client