Luis Lavena wrote:
>  On Dec 5, 7:08 am, Vassilis Rizopoulos <damp... / freemail.gr> wrote:
> > Is there a binary gem for fastthread on windows? Yes, there is.
> > RubyGems 0.9.5 is broken for mswin32.
> > This was reported here, in mongrel mailing list and all over the
> > web.
> > gem install fastthread on windows tries to compile with rather
> > unpleasant consequences.
>  gem install is trying to install the ruby version of all these gems
>  since "think" there is no match for 'mswin32' platform.
>  All that was fixed on RubyGems trunk but still no official release of
>  "0.9.5.1" to fix it.
> > I guess fastthread compilation is done with the VC6.0 tools, cause
> > my VS2005 installation crashes and burns:
>  You can use a different compiler than the one use to build ruby. You
>  need to build ruby with VS2005.
>  at's another story, the bottom line is: rubygems shouldn't be
>  asking
>  Revert to RubyGems 0.9.4 for the time being and this problem will go
>  away.
>  (I know is not your fault, but I'm really getting tired of repeat
>  myself all over again).
I can undertsand that :). I guess I can get the binary gem and install
locally.
The problem is that reverting to 0.9.4 brings up a different problem
that I have with one of my own gems.
When I do a gem install or gem update rutema with 0.9.4 a list pops up
with the available versions.
Now the old versions (build with Hoe) have ruby as a platform. The new
versions (posted yesterday) have no platform set (empty parenthesis).
If I choose any of the new versions I get a 404 error from gem. Note
that this happens only on windows, on my mac everything works fine.
Everything is built with Hoe so it must be something that happened
during the upgrade of either rubygems or hoe.
Once I upgraded to rubygems 0.9.5 the problem went away.
Now it might be that because I built the gems on a system with 0.9.5
there is some kind of incompatibility with 0.9.4
I honestly don't have the time to look into it though :(
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva