First off, thanks for your reply.  If it's the case the people haven't
responded to my question for thinking that I haven't googled, I think
think they're a bunch of stuck-ups!!!  I did search but hadn't found my
answer.  I even went through the trouble of signing up for an account,
on here, just to ask this question!!  I'm new to ruby.

I installed the activesupport gem but now I'm getting the error:

undefined method `execute'

I get the impression that this adapter is for ms sql server.  would it
work with mysql as well?