2007/12/4, RichardOnRails <RichardDummyMailbox58407 / uscomputergurus.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Search on WindowsXP/SP2 didn't seem to locate a file is looking for.
> As someone relatively new to Ruby,  I wonder whether there are any
> Rubyisms I could have used to cut down the the 80+ lines I took to
> accomplish this task,  given the USAGE requirement I posed in the
> code.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Richard
>
> # Search.rb
> # K:/_Projects/Ruby/_Ruby_Tests/TestSearchDir/SearchWithArgs
>
> # USAGE:  Search.rb -d DirPath [-f regexpFileNameSought] [-t
> regexpTextSought]

Just a quick hack without command line processing.

dir = ...
name_regexp = ...  # may be null
content_regexp = ...  # may be null

require 'find'

Find.find dir do |file|
  path, base = File.split file
  next if name_regexp && name_regexp !~ base or
    content_regexp && context_regexp !~ File.read(file)
  puts file
end

For command line processing I'd use OptionParser.

Kind regards

robert