On 1 Dec, 17:26, John Joyce <dangerwillrobinsondan... / gmail.com>
wrote:
> Does anybody know how to identify a mounted volume as being aniPod?
> Or even more generally useful, is there a lib or gem to help identify
> the type of volume or disk ?

I don't have an iPod myself, but doesn't iTunes list mounted CDs,
iPods, etc. automatically? In which case you should be able to get a
list of references to mounted iPods using something like this:

    require 'appscript'
    include Appscript

    ITunes = app('iTunes')

    p ITunes.sources[its.kind.eq(:iPod)].get

From there you should be able to refer to an iPods playlists and
tracks, copy them to iTunes' own playlist, etc.

HTH

has
--
http://appscript.sourceforge.net