On Dec 4, 9:25 am, Joe L <superist_... / yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what are the options for distributing a ruby application.  Java has the jar and C++ you can compile to an exe.  What options does Ruby provide?  I'm not looking to distribute anything before the next release.  I don't know if something is being added with Yarv to aide in distribution.  Any info would be great.

Take a look at: http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/ruby.html .

You'll find some options there.  Tar2RubyScript packages all the files
that comprise a Ruby program into a single file that can be run on a
machine that already has Ruby installed.  RubyScript2Exe goes a step
further, and incorporates the Ruby interpreter and all required
libraries into the single file as well, so the target machine doesn't
even have to have Ruby installed.

Eric

====

Interested in hands-on, on-site Ruby training?  See http://LearnRuby.com
for information about a well-reviewed class.