On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Todd Benson wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2007 7:40 PM, duddilla's <radhika.duddilla / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> I would like implement multiple inheritance in java by using ruby
>> mixin mechanism.Is that possible? And my other question is what are
>> exact differences between C++ and Ruby? and Ruby and Java?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> You do understand, of course, that to answer these questions, one
> might have to write an entire book.  By asking these, you come
> dangerously close to a RTFM response.

Don't be so unhelpful... it's obvious that Ruby is like a writing desk
and C++ is like a Raven.

(Before you go ballistic... Read Alice in Wonderland and realize I'm
pulling legs left right and center! :-))

C++ statically type, compiled. Ruby dynamically (duck typed) interpreted.

C++ designed as an incremental improvement on C to improve code reuse
whilst adding the minimum number of new keywords. (If you think about
it, that's a really really lousy objective function.)

Ruby designed as a best of all worlds (perl/smalltalk/....) new language.

Java statically typed compile to interpreted byte code.

C++ and Java are not "objects all the way down" Ruby is.

C++ has multiple inheritance, Java has single inheritance but "extends" stateless interfaces.

You can duplicate Javarish behaviour in C++ by inheritaing from
stateless abstract class where all methods are "pure virtual".

You can emulate Rubyish mixin behaviour in C++ by multiple inheritance
from stateless classes.

There is no easy root to emulate mixins in java.