------art_9544_4479271.1196729823020

Actually, I haven't tried Jruby except reading about it. I am using Ruby as
a glue to put together all the tasks I need including Database access, File
I/O and all the stuff that comes with a heavy duty batch programming. It's
my understanding that JRuby doesn't provide all the classes and I would like
to avoid using JRuby just for this requirement of accessing a JDBC database.