Gavin Kistner wrote:
> Did you copy and paste the colored text from the website?

Yes, yes I did. After seeing this, I tried copy-pasting a non-break
space and using find/replace to replace them with normal spaces, but it
seems as though the text editor doesn't differentiate between non-break
spaces and normal ones, as it was telling me that every space was a
non-break space, even after I replaced them. I am still getting the
error. This sounds plausible, though, are there any other characters
that, coming from websites, break Ruby?

> Might be that your code is using carriage returns instead of linefeeds
> as end-of-line delimiters. Not sure about Ruby, but I know Python only
> recognises LFs as linebreaks. Prior to OS X, Mac OS used CRs as
> standard, and some Mac apps still do.

I've been using Textedit, if that's any help, in plain text mode. Though
honestly, I have no clue what you're talking about.