Erik Boling wrote:
> I have been trying to get find a way to get input from the user, and be
> able to store in a variable using shoes GUI, but i can't quite figure it
> out? Does any one know how to? I know you can *replace* but that not
> working for what im trying to do... if ur wondering, heres the program
> that im trying to put a GUI on..
>   @correct = 0
>   @total = 0
>    def pose_multiplication_problem
>     @total = @total + 1
>      multiple2 = rand(11)
>      multiple1 = rand(11)
>      answer = multiple1 * multiple2
>      puts "What is #{multiple1} * #{multiple2} ?"
>      answerp = gets.chomp.to_i
>      if answer == answerp
>        puts "Good job"
>         @correct = @correct + 1
>      else
>        puts 'Sorry, you fail, correct answer is ' + answer.to_s
>      end
>    end
>   puts 'How many problems do you want to solve?'
>   this_many = gets.chomp.to_i
>   oldtime = Time.now
> this_many.times do
>    pose_multiplication_problem
>  end
>  puts @correct.to_s + '/' + @total.to_s + 'correct'

This should get you started:

Shoes.app do
        multiple2 = rand(11)
        multiple1 = rand(11)
        answer = multiple1 * multiple2
        questionbox = stack { para "What is #{multiple1} * #{multiple2} ?" }

        answerp = edit_line

        button("Submit Answer") do
                if answerp.text.to_i == answer
                        alert "Correct!"
                else
                        alert "Sorry, answer is actually #{answer}"
                end
                multiple2 = rand(11)
                multiple1 = rand(11)
                answer = multiple1 * multiple2
                questionbox.clear { para "What is #{multiple1} *
#{multiple2} ?" }

-Justin