> So, it sounds like you used the Shoes installer, right?  If you look
> in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Shoes you should see version 0.r315
> installed, is that true?
>
> Open a command prompt and run:
>
>   cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Shoes\0.r315
>   shoes samples\timer.rb
>
> Does that help any?
>
> _why

Yes, i used shoes installer, yes i have v. r315 ( and have tried other
versions )
And yes that works, but its only working when i run them in the sample
folder? is it possible for me to run them in other places?
P. S. Sorry if this is frustrating, just started this whole programming
thing and im trying to get a hang of all the lingo and what not :P!
Thanks for any help