On Dec 2, 9:07 pm, "Gabriel N." <gabrie... / hotmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could help out a newbie in need. So I've just
> started learning Ruby, my first programming language. I've been going
> through this online book, and when running one of the programs from the
> book, I've been encountering a strange error. The program can be found
> here (it's the one that writes numbers out in English), or you can check
> out the attachment, where I've included it:
>
> http://pine.fm/LearnToProgram/?Chapter=08
>
> I was running it unchanged from the website. I've tested it out on three
> computers, all Macs, but I always get this error:

If you copy and paste text from a website, particularly when is has
been syntax colored and otherwise formatted, you can occasionally get
junk characters. (Most commonly, non-breaking spaces look like spaces
in your text editor but have a different ascii value, and confuse the
interpreter.)

Did you copy and paste the colored text from the website?