duddilla's wrote:
> Hi
> I would like implement multiple inheritance in java by using ruby
> mixin mechanism.Is that possible? And my other question is what are
> exact differences between C++ and Ruby? and Ruby and Java?
>
> Thanks

Java does not support MI nor will it ever support MI.  In fact one of
the reasons it initially gained popularity IMO was that it didn't
support MI.  Java decided to stay away from the major compiler
complexity head ache and developers never looked back.

MI in C++ eventually leads to diamond ambiguities which eventually leads
to scope resolution operators spread throughout your entire code base
and/or private inheritance.  For more on this subject, please consult
Lippmann, Meyers, Fowler

Oh... one more thing.. mixins are not MI.  Ruby doesn't support MI and I
believe it doesn't intend to.  Anyone who has dealt with diamond
ambiguities is very glad of this fact.  Each class in Ruby has one and
only one super.

ilan