On 01.12.2007 17:59, Armando Padilla wrote:
>  > I fail to see where the issue with using (s)printf is.
>
> If i use sprintf im assuming that the argument is changed to a string
> type.  If then i chose to calculate additional values with this string
> type i would have to reconvert it to a float.

But this is *exactly* what you asked for.  Quoting from your original
posting:

> I want to get a float 2.3333 to display as 2.33 or 2.333 etc.

You are clearly asking for a string representation with specific
properties, namely the number of digits after the decimal point.

>  On the surface its fine,
> i wouldnt mind doing it but I need speed and any less lines that ruby
> will translate too in terms of machine language is beneficial to me.

Maybe we should start over with you stating what it is that you want to do.

And please, do not top post.

Regards

	robert