On Dec 1, 2007 7:47 AM, Edgar Gonzalez <edgaralfonzo / gmail.com> wrote:
> Jordan Callicoat wrote:
> > On Nov 30, 9:55 pm, Edgar Gonzalez <edgaralfo... / gmail.com> wrote:
> > It depends on your OS for one thing. I'm not aware of a project that
> > provides a uniform cross-platform API to printing for ruby (that
> > doesn't mean there isn't one). The closest thing I know of is
> > Gtk::PrintOperation from ruby-gtk [
> > http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Gtk%3A%3APrintOperation
> > ].
> >
> > HTH,
> > Jordan
>
> Well i am in windows, how could i do that?

You can open  file 'PRN:' (note the double colon). That should provide
you with a line printer
(i.e. no graphics, just ascii output). I'm not sure whether it is
still supported.

Other than that, I guess the easiest way would be to create pdf
somehow and print that,
either using some command line tool, or Win32API/Win32OLE.

See http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/83266 for some hints.