------art_2251_24150287.1196458341956

On Nov 30, 2007 3:49 PM, thefed <fedzor / gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Francis Cianfrocca wrote:
>
> > Strictly out of curiosity, what's your need for this protocol? Are you
> > running up against the long-fat-pipe limitation in TCP?
>
> I don't actually need this for anything. Just something that I wanted
> to do. I'm not running up against anything, I just wanted to
> implement something that would make data transfer faster, since
> connectivity and hardware are at a low for me.
>
> Is there some alternate to fast data transfer that you could suggest?

If you're bandwidth-constrained, then I would doubt that replacing TCP will
help you. Especially with a pure-Ruby implementation. Still, if it weren't
for the unknown-unknown issues, I'd think this was a pretty interesting
protocol. (By that, I mean that we have no idea what bizarre edge-conditions
this protocol will create in the network, that have already been thoroughly
shaken out of TCP.) Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

------art_2251_24150287.1196458341956--