"What would you all say is the best option for creating GUIs with Ruby?"

I would recommend ruby-gnome/gtk for one sole reason - it has a wiki.
A nice, cute hiki wiki. None ruby-toolkit I am aware of has such a big
wiki.

In fact, I believe, the other ruby-GUI bindings DO NOT EVEN HAVE ANY
WIKI!

You can prove me wrong though, but for now I stand by this bold claim.
:)

(PS: Though, the ruby-gnome wiki is quite good, there are a few missing
parts, especially about gnomecanvas and cairo, or gnome-druid etc...
bindings. But since I also use that, I can do some research and add
lacking docu slowly too. One advantage of a central wiki ... people can
chime in and improve it over time)