On Nov 30, 2007 8:18 AM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
> Hi --
>
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Rick DeNatale wrote:

> >> Traditionally, these sorts of things are xmas presents.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> --
> >> Bil Kleb
> >> http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov
> >
> > And this Christmas we will get not Ruby 2.0, but Ruby 1.9.1 which will
> > be the stable release of the 1.9 stream.
>
> I'm not sure how stable, though. Matz said at RubyConf that it would
> come out at Christmas but probably not be as stable as he had hoped.
> I think it will be feature-frozen, though, or nearly so.

That's how I interpret stable.

The idea is that at Christmas the definition of 1.9 will be frozen,
and folks will be encouraged to start porting to it, no more moving
target.

Although stable it might not yet be considered production quality,
which will happen over time.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby