On Nov 29, 2007 11:45 PM, Bil Kleb <Bil.Kleb / nasa.gov> wrote:
> sayoyo Sayoyo wrote:
> > Hi, does someone know when the 1.9.0 will be released?
>
> Traditionally, these sorts of things are xmas presents.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Bil Kleb
> http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

And this Christmas we will get not Ruby 2.0, but Ruby 1.9.1 which will
be the stable release of the 1.9 stream.  Future changes to the 1.9
stream will be bug fixing and performance tuning. Any new experimental
features past 1.9 would then go into a new 2.0 stream.

Matz and the core team recently changed the release numbering scheme
which got quite a bit of discussion on ruby-core.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/