On Nov 30, 1:17 am, "Daniel Sheppard" <dani... / pronto.com.au> wrote:
> > I have this as a lone method, but it seems to me there should already
> > be a way to do this with the 'pp' lib. (If not perhaps we could add
> > it?)
>
> I believe that pp calls Object#pretty_print - the source will tell you
> more.

I looked at that and didn't see how that would help. As it says...

"To define your customized pretty printing function for your classes,
redefine a method pretty_print(pp) in the class. It takes an argument
pp which is an instance of the class PP. The method should use
PP#text, PP#breakable, PP#nest, PP#group and PP#pp to print the
object."

Don't see off-hand how that can help easily get a string of what it
would output.

Thanks,
T.