"Roy Patrick Tan" <rtan / vt.edu> wrote in message
news:3C14DD65.4090602 / vt.edu...

> I have just recently read an old paper by Wirth "On the Design of
> Programming Languages", which started me thinking about dynamic
typing.

> One of the lessons he enumerated:
>
> "Design languages such that most checking operations can be performed
at
> compile time, and need not be deferred until execution. The concept of

The tradeoff between execution costs (CPU cycles) and programming costs
has changed quite considerably since then.

Do you want to work with stone or clay?

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WorkWithStone

--
[ Kyle Cordes * kyle / kylecordes.com * http://kylecordes.com ]
[ Consulting, Training, and Software development tips and   ]