On Nov 29, 2007 3:01 PM, Jason Roelofs <jameskilton / gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2007 2:31 PM, Trollen Lord <trollenlord / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > When it's ready, seen rumors of late this year. It's becoming awfully late
> > already :-D
> >
> > And yeah, YARV will be default. It is already in 1.9 and will be default
> > onwards from there.
> >

> Also, Ruby follows the normal release numbering scheme
>
> Major.Minor.BugFixes
>
> Aka
>
> 1.8.6 is the current
>
> When Minor numbers are odd, it's a development release, when Minor numbers
> are even, it's a production release.
>
> Thus, the production release of 1.9 will be called 2.0

No, Matz announced on ruby-core some time ago that this has changed.
It's the existence of a teeny number which indicates stability.

The production (actually I think it would be more proper to call it
functionally stable) release of 1.9 will be 1.9.1 (or maybe 1.9.0) and
will be released on Christmas of 2007.

2.0 will shortly thereafter be the experimental version.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/