On Nov 29, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Luca Boero wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
> I am using Ruby 1.8.5 in a Rails 1.2.5 environment.
> My code starts a dhcp-3.1.0 service taken from
> http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP
> Once started the dhcpd process cannot be stopped using the normal
> "/etc/init.d/dhcp stop"
> as it seems not to catch SIGTERM (signal 15) used  within the service
> script.
> Can anyone help me, as it is 2 days I am unusefully fighting ?
> Thank you in advance,
> Luca
> --

no offense - but this doesn't have anything to do with ruby does it?
the dhcp script is normally a /bin/sh script and i assume yours it too?

if not, and it's ruby - modify the call the 'trap' so SIGTERM is not
caught.

if it is /bin/sh, and SIGTERM is trapped, you will have to figure out
which signal to send.  Process.kill(-9, pid) will work, but i'd
strive to understand *why* dhcp prefers to trap SIGTERM and determine
how it is supposed to be shut down.  if there is no correct way file
a bug with the maintainers of that code.

regards.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
--
it is not enough to be compassionate.  you must act.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama