On Nov 29, 2007, at 1:27 AM, Cristi BALAN wrote:

> On 11/29/07, Aaron Patterson <aaron / tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
>> Gossip Girl says:
>>
>> csspool version 0.2.0 has been released!
>>
>> * <http://csspool.rubyforge.org/>
>>
>> CSSpool (pronounced "cesspool") is a validating SAC parser for
>> CSS.  The parser
>> calls methods on a document handler depending on what it has
>> found. CSSPool
>> currently only supports CSS 2.1.  CSSPool will not yield invalid
>> properties or
>> selectors.
>>
>> [Snip]
> Hi Aaron,
>
> Long time listener, first time caller... Love the show, btw.
>
> I've been toying around with the lib and I noticed some issues:
>
> - the Manifest tends to contain a .DS_Store entry which crashes rake
> package so rake install_gem (the way i usually install csspool) fails
> with: "Don't know how to build task '.DS_Store'".
>
> - the example on the homepage doesn't work for me. I get
> "uninitialized constant CSS::SAC::Parse (NameError)" when I try to run
> it. However, the earlier examples, which show inheriting from
> CSS::SAC::DocumentHandler work for me, if i also add a "require
> 'rubygems'" first
>
> - the following css breaks css breaks the parser and makes it ignore
> all rules and declarations after the error. In css, with browsrs at
> least, an error should just ignore the respective property or
> properties, so I was expecting similar behaviour. I'll try to get my
> hands into the ragel stuff, but this might take a while since I
> haven't done any before, saw a presentation at euruko, tho :).
>
> So, the bad css that's preventing me from getting a pink background
> and a blue p:
> a { color: red; }
> body { border: solid 1px; #000; color: pink; }
> p { color: blue; }

Problem here is bad CSS.
you have:
> body { border: solid 1px; #000; color: pink; }
which could also be this with  more space:
body {
	border: solid 1px;	/*	this border will default to black, but perhaps
you intended the #000 to be in this line notice your extra
semicolon  ... */
	 #000;	/*	no property listed! 	*/
	 color: pink; 	/*	this gives you pink text	*/
	}

When you don't make it so tightly compact, you can see the mistake, I
hope. Nothing there is going to give you a pink background.
you need to put:
	background-color: pink;
Inside of either declaration body or p.