On 11/29/07, Aaron Patterson <aaron / tenderlovemaking.com> wrote:
> Gossip Girl says:
>
> csspool version 0.2.0 has been released!
>
> * <http://csspool.rubyforge.org/>
>
> CSSpool (pronounced "cesspool") is a validating SAC parser for CSS.  The parser
> calls methods on a document handler depending on what it has found. CSSPool
> currently only supports CSS 2.1.  CSSPool will not yield invalid properties or
> selectors.
>
> [Snip]
Hi Aaron,

Long time listener, first time caller... Love the show, btw.

I've been toying around with the lib and I noticed some issues:

- the Manifest tends to contain a .DS_Store entry which crashes rake
package so rake install_gem (the way i usually install csspool) fails
with: "Don't know how to build task '.DS_Store'".

- the example on the homepage doesn't work for me. I get
"uninitialized constant CSS::SAC::Parse (NameError)" when I try to run
it. However, the earlier examples, which show inheriting from
CSS::SAC::DocumentHandler work for me, if i also add a "require
'rubygems'" first

- the following css breaks css breaks the parser and makes it ignore
all rules and declarations after the error. In css, with browsrs at
least, an error should just ignore the respective property or
properties, so I was expecting similar behaviour. I'll try to get my
hands into the ragel stuff, but this might take a while since I
haven't done any before, saw a presentation at euruko, tho :).

So, the bad css that's preventing me from getting a pink background
and a blue p:
a { color: red; }
body { border: solid 1px; #000; color: pink; }
p { color: blue; }

> This is a tenderlovemaking dot com joint.
>
> --
> Aaron Patterson
> http://tenderlovemaking.com/

Again, thanks a lot for this project, it's looking really cool and useful :).

Cheers,
Cristi

--
Cristi BALAN