Joshua Cearley wrote:
> There's also the eeePC by Asus and the Nokia N800 if you want some linux
> minicomputers. I don't think they make the Zaurus devices for linux
> anymore so you have to get them off of eBay.

I have a Zaurus 6000, but I haven't gotten a chance to try the
open-source tools on it yet. Most of those are for the 5500, and I'm not
sure how compatible they are or how active the developer community is.
Sharp intended the 6000 for OEMs, not end users. They dropped end-user
support literally hours after I got mine. Thanks for reminding me -- I
should go see what's available for it.

> OLPC feels kind of imposing to me. I'm too afraid to rationalize this
> because people would probably call me a cold, cold person. (Hint: Has to
> do with US schools sucking).

I'd refrain from saying snotty things about the US school system on
public mailing lists if I were you. Stuff posted on the Internet lives
forever, and you just never know when you'll be in a job interview with
someone who's married to someone who has devoted his or her life to the
US school system.

But go ahead and say snotty things about Perl or Python ... that's
expected. ;)