On Nov 28, 2:51 pm, MenTaLguY <men... / rydia.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 01:06:33 +0900, _why <w... / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
> > So, Shoes is a bit more than Cairo.
>
> I think (given the confusion in the thread so far) it's also important
> to point out that Shoes isn't a wrapper for cairo per se: it just uses
> cairo behind the scenes to implement its own drawing API.
>
> -mental

Sorry if I contributed to the confusion. My comment about Cairo was
intended to be generic, not about Shoes in particular. Saying "just
remove the Cairo stuff" for *any* graphical app built against Cairo is
*alot* more work that the person who suggested that seems to think,
even if only a few bits of Cairo are actually used.

Regards,
Jordan