On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 07:06:08AM +0900, Trollen Lord wrote:
> Take a look at http://hackety.org/images/shoes-0.r252-small.png . The
> rightmost sample. Is that generated using Cairo at some phase? It looks like
> native, not themed, to me.

So, hello and might I just add that what we have in Shoes are three
things to manage drawing the window, which are:

 * Cairo for sketching shapes and colors
   http://hackety.org/2007/08/02/mashingInSomeGraphics.html
 * Pango for doing text wrapping, i18n, linking and all that
   http://hackety.org/2007/08/17/hypershoes.html
 * And native widgets using plain win32, osx and gtk code

But Shoes only has a handful of native widgets.  The idea is to make apps
that look are more like browser apps than traditional gooey apps.
No need for menus and tree controls and pinned windows and all that.
http://code.whytheluckystiff.net/svn/shoes/trunk/README

So, Shoes is a bit more than Cairo.  Such as: it wraps Ruby for its
scripting and VLC for embedded video.  Not that any of this should
give anyone much pause.  Nobody knows Shoes.

_why